With so many start-ups, solopreneurs and small business’ with non-existent budgets, it is crucial to market your brand by leveraging various social media channels. Online retailers (or e-tailers) and global brands have managed to this successfully and still maintain control of their marketing budgets through branded exercises.
We have to acknowledge that traditional methods of marketing a brand has shifted towards social media and SEO (search engine optimsiation). So taking advantage of any marketing channel that is free, is important. Technology and smart phones have exploded the popularity of social networks,so it’s easy to be able to promote your brand with very little cost. Here are my top 5 key tips to leverage social media for your brand:
- Maintain your brand across all social platforms. It is important to ensure your â€œvoiceâ€ appeals to your target market, is consistent and â€˜seenâ€™ across all social platforms. Look at what tone best suits your brand?
- Create simple and clear social media guidelines for your brand. It is important to know how to use social media effectively and appropriately for your brand. Your own staff, contractors or outsourced team can become pseudo sales people to help your business build relationships and help your brand engage with clients and prospects.
- Encourage reviews, feedback and testimonials for your brand. â€“ Whether on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, or your own blog, endorsement from real people (about your brand) carries more weight than ever. Â People are increasingly likely to turn to Google and online reviews when they’re making a decision to buy from your brand.
- Take advantage of ‘FREE’ branded social media features. All social media isÂ constantlyÂ looking for ways to engage their audience and releasing new features often, so take advantage of them. For example, Facebook allows custom tabs that can create landing pages & incorporate content from other websites. Â Itâ€™s not hard to utilise all the free extra features, but so many neglect the basics when it comes to branding.
- Measure and adapt your branded social media efforts. Is traffic coming from branded social media? Which social media site is working best for your brand? With free, easy-to-use tools, including Google Analytics, it’s simple to tweak and measure the effectiveness of your efforts. Â This invaluable data will allow you to streamline and target your branded campaigns more effectively.
These days, customer interaction is so important where brands are concerned, and social media is like the new Yellow Pages â€“ your brand canâ€™t afford to be out of the loop. Â Even the Pope uses Twitter!