Just like retail businesses and offices, factories and warehouses need to both prominently display key information and promote brand awareness. There are several steps these facilities can take to up the ante and make an impression with signage.
Though their needs are clearly different from that of retail storefronts or large office buildings, factory and warehouse signsÂ are equally essential. The proper use of signs in an industrial space, are just as important as those made by retail stores. Factory and warehouse signs brand the premises and promote the essential work that is done inside.Â
- Large Industrial buildings can often be free standing and allow for signage on all four exterior walls of the building. So use all the space you can.Â
- You need to take the size of your lettering into account. â€œCan passes by read all of our important information from that far away?â€Â
- Indeed you may also be in eye-shot of a major road and use the opportunity to grab some FREE ongoing, advertising as people drive by.Â
- Passers-by only have a really short period of time to see what you do. â€œCan what we do be tied up into a phrases of 6 words or less?â€
- Signage also ensures the safe and efficient movement of people and traffic through the site. Don’t take any risks in this area.
There are several types of factory and warehouse signs that a company should consider:
The signage in an entryway or foyer is viewed at close range. A combination of specialised techniques, excellent finishes, and high-grade materials are important. These signs should stage a lasting impression that stays with people even after they have left.
These architectural signs are the â€œeye-catchers.â€ Their purpose is to improve traffic flow through information and help in the direction of customers while simultaneously promoting the brand.
In combination with either of the above signage types, the sophisticated nature of fabricated lettersÂ helps to promote a clean more professional and polished impression.
Especially in large industrial parks, the use of proper parking signsÂ is essential to avoid visitor confusion and help keep people out of restricted areas.
Similarly, the nature of manufacturing requires a slew of safety signsÂ both inside and out. Safety signs are essential for visitors. They also make sure that all premises are in compliance with Australian Standard 1319-1994: Safety Signs for the Occupational Environment.